Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Half a Cup of Coffee


I can't stop laughing when I look at that photo.

YOU ASKED FOR HALF A CUP OF COFFEE!

Get it? Half a cup?

Whoa, Nellie! That's some funny jokes!

I’m being sarcastic.

I found this in an Orlando airport gift shop. It was sort of hidden on a high shelf in a corner. Looking at it I got the feeling that it had been sitting in this store for a loooooong time. Something about it has a very 1970s feel.

Perhaps that just because when I look at the clothes people wore then; I can only imagine that they would have found this to be funny. Lord knows SOMETHING strange was going on during that decade.

I bought this a few years ago and I have waited in VAIN for someone to ask for "half a cup of coffee." No one has ever asked me.

SWEETIE: Could I get you anything? Some coffee perhaps?
GUEST: No, I'm good.
SWEETIE: You look tired. Some coffee would fix that.
GUEST: Really? I'll take a cup then.
SWEETIE: Uh... don't you mean HALF a cup?
GUEST: No, I guess if I am looking tired I better have the whole cup.
SWEETIE: Uh... how about half now and half later.
GUEST: You know, forget the coffee. I think I am O.K.
SWEETIE (throws cup at guest): Damn you! Just laugh at this cup and leave.
GUEST (frightened): Oh, that is a nice cup. Very hysterical. Bye.
SWEETIE: Bye, Mom. See ya on Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

  1. In case you are curious, the other side has a rather drab painting of a palm tree and the word "Florida."

    I use the cup to store Kool-Aid packets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/28/2005

    I have a better idea. You could carry the cup around with you and every time you give your opinion to someone you could say "but I'm a cup half full kinda guy." Then you pull the cup out and say, "Because I only have half a cup."

    Thank you. I'll be here all week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/28/2005

    You could give it to a "small" person to wear when they play sports!

    Thank you, he'll be here all week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/28/2005

    That cup is defective.

    This is the word of Todd.

    ReplyDelete