Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Pugilistic Vegetable

The Veggie Tales are awesome. I don't know how many of you have seen this, but it is defiantly worth checking out. I first heard of Veggie Tales many years ago, but I avoided them because I thought it was some preachy "don't eat meat" cartoon.

It is not.

It is a preachy "say your prayers and read the bible" cartoon.

There is something so interesting about hearing a tomato tell you about Corinthians 12:10.

This coloring book page features a pickle wearing boxing gloves. I guess a pickle is a vegetable. I never really thought about that, but I guess they aren't fruit. I just think of them as "those green things everyone pulls off of their hamburger at McDonalds."

You will notice that his hands aren't attached to his body. This isn't a mistake. Veggie Tales have no hands so anything they hold just sorta floats in front of them like the boxing gloves do.

The pickle is ugly.

The Coloring Book Main Page


  1. I think the pickle is supposed to be Goliath of the Davey and Goliath story

  2. Mr. No Like The Smell of Pickles8/09/2005

    I don't understand this picture. Why does the pickle wear a belt? Shouldn't it just float in front of him. I am confused.

  3. Racist Hal8/09/2005

    Ugh! Veggie Tales. That and eskimos.
    I'm not very creative.

  4. The General Lee8/09/2005

    General-Lee speaking, I love it!
    Get it? Generally? General Lee?

  5. Hot Dog Vendor8/09/2005

    Pickle??? I thought he was just a hot dog that was dropped into a deep fryer.

    By the way, I am selling such a dog today!

    Hot dogs! Get your hot dogs here!

  6. Before his rise to fame on Veggie Tales, the pickle spent a brief stint as one of the American Gladiators. I think he was Pizzow.

  7. Was someone picking on the pickle? Is that why he wants to start punching? Please!