Sunday, January 08, 2012

Disney Classic #3: Fantasia




I have a confession. I don't like Fantasia. It's really dull.

For starters, could they have picked a duller host?






He just goes on and on about who knows what. Blah blah blah orchestra blah blah music blah blah nutcracker blah blah Dinosaur.

Obviously the artwork is beautiful and so is the music and I actually like classical music.

But 2 hours of this is a bit tedious.

Sorcerer's Apprentice is fun and the centaurs are great but everything seems to go on way too long.

I can't imagine a child sitting through this by choice. Now Fantasia 2000, on the other hand, is good fun.

I am glad that Disney had the guts to do something interesting like this. I am sure it has plenty of fans and I am probably just too lowbrow for it.

I give it 2 dancing hippos. Up next is Dumbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment