Wednesday, March 02, 2005

THE HIP HOP ARCHIVE


If It Ain't One Thing It's Anuddah (Bruddah)
I always liked the Fat Boys.
By Fat Boys I mean the rap group, not that I have a thing for overweight guys.
There was so much to like about the Fat Boys. They were funny, they were fat and they rapped. (more)



Run DMC's Rock Box
I love old rap songs. I am not sure what it is about them. Maybe it is the joy of hearing EVERYONE called a 'sucker mc.'
That is THE INSULT in old rap songs. I wonder if it would work in other situations: (more)



Arsenio Hall rapping in a fat suit
The year was 1991. Arsenio Hall was a pop culture phenomenon with his own talk show.
And what a show it was.
I must admit I never really liked his show. I only watched it a few times and I found him annoying. Here is everything I remember: (more)



Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis
Once upon a time Santa came to Hollis Queens. Luckily Run DMC was there to give us a play by play of his appearance.
Run DMC: Christmas in Hollis
(more)



Christmas Rap
It was the greatest album ever released.
Christmas Rap
Never before have two words looked so good side by side. This album was released at the end of the 1980s, so finally people could listen to 'Christmas in Hollis' and 'Ghetto Santa' on one album. (more)



Run DMC'S Hit It Run
Run DMC is perhaps the greatest rap group of all time. They put out many great albums over the years, but perhaps their greatest was Raising Hell. (more)





Run DMC's King Of Rock
Ahhh, Run DMC.
Perhaps the greatest rap group of all time. In 1985 they released their second LP: King of Rock.
Let's take a look at the lyrics to the title track. (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment