Tuesday, July 07, 2009

VINTAGE 1985 ANDRE THE GIANT vs NiKOLAI VOLKOFF PAJAMAS

VINTAGE 1985 ANDRE THE GIANT vs NiKOLAI VOLKOFF PAJAMAS

How is that for an eye catching title! I found this on eBay today:
LINK


What exciting dreams a child of 1985 would have had imagining the epic battle between Andre the Giant and Nikolai Volkoff.



Oh the fun I had in those days pouring a bowl of cereal and sitting on the floor as I watched WWF Wrestling Challenge and waited for Andre to floss his butt with the top rope and make a "letter c" with his hand.


Then Nikolai would stand there in his black trunks and do the Iron Claw.

Wait a minute! Volkoff wore RED trunks! And I am pretty sure I never saw him use an Iron Claw. If this is the start of the match he should have a mic and he should be singing the Russian National Anthem.


I can't remember Volkoff's finishing move. I can't remember him winning a match that he didn't his his opponent with Fred Blassie's cane or a flag pole.

A quick Wiki search reveals that it was a bear hug.

Perhaps the PJs should have him hugging Andre with all his might.

I would love to own this, but buying used children's pajamas on the internet seems to be a gateway to something awful.

2 comments: