Monday, July 11, 2005


Ladies and gentlemen, it's Telly Monster. Telly is basically Sesame Street's version of a film extra. He is not one of the main stars like Big Bird, Elmo or even Grover. He's just fits into the background. Poor Telly.
This page says "X-ray" at the top. The illustration seems to say a lot more.
The obvious possibility is that this shows an x-ray of Telly's chest revealing that he has a heart, but no ribcage to protect it.
Still, the look on his face tells a different story.
Perhaps it isn't an x-ray at all; rather it's a giant "X" painted across Telly's heart to show either:

A: Telly has no heart
B: Nobody loves Telly, or
C: Telly is not the answer provided by the hundred people surveyed for the "Family Feud"

A, B, and C are ALL better than the possibility that it is a REAL chest x-ray, because without a ribcage you could toss a beach ball at Telly and his chest would explode.

The Coloring Book Main Page


  1. To me, Telly always looked like one of Sesame Street's honkers who lost his horns in a fight.

  2. Racist Hal7/11/2005

    I never watched Sesame Street. I would never let my kids a show with so many eskimos on it.

  3. Todd the God7/11/2005

    X marks the spot... that makes Telly cry.

    This is the word of Todd.

  4. Sluggo7/11/2005

    Publicly I hate Tellie in Outer Space, but secretly I love it.

  5. HatMatt717/11/2005

    Is Telly new on Sesame Street? I don't recall seeing him as a youngster.

  6. Funniest line ever:

    C: Telly is not the answer provided by the hundred people surveyed for the "Family Feud"

  7. Hand Washer of the Dead7/11/2005

    Thanks for the tip, Sweetie. I will be watching Sesame Street looking for the beach ball. I will have my soap and wash cloth ready.

  8. Positive Pete7/11/2005

    Hey Sweetie, great stuff. Really top notch. I love the coloring book! I also love the comments, you guys are wacky and fun!
    Sadly, I am HIV positive.

  9. Philly Phrank7/11/2005

    I wish the Liberty Bell had a heart, then I could hear it's sweet tones ringing here in Philly.