Thursday, November 17, 2005

Luke and Butch


The WWF in the late 1980s and early 1990s was a very strange place. Each wrestler would be given a "gimmick." This was his costume, his back story etc.

They had some strange gimmicks. One guy was a repo man who would repossess things from his opponents. I am pretty sure he repo-ed a pair of boots from Outlaw Ron Bass at one point. Does that mean Bass had a mortgage at Foot Locker? I hope he did.

One of the best gimmicks was The Bushwackers: Luke and Butch.

They would come to the ring thrusting their bellies forward and waving their arms like a one of those toy monkeys. You know the kind that you press a button and then they wave their arms? Kinda like that.

They would also lick their fans. They bit their opponents. Perhaps they have retired. Or, like a lot of old wrestlers, they are still working on a smaller circuit. Maybe they licked one too many fans and ended up with dysentery and died.

Fare the well, Luke and Butch, wherever you are!

5 comments:

  1. I think Hasbro made these figures. Like Luke and Butch, they are missing some teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/17/2005

    Those guys look like they need some fiber in their diet. They also seem to be Arsenio Hall fans. Whoop whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/17/2005

    I saw these guys at the Spectrum. I miss the Spectrum. It's still there, I just miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/18/2005

    I miss you too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/18/2005

    This reminds me, you have a bunch of wrestling toys still at my place. Pick em up, moron.

    ReplyDelete