Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Spidey Web Shot

I don't remember when I ate this. In fact, I am not sure if I liked it or not. I think, it was given to me at Easter time and I am pretty sure it was a gummy candy. But I am not sure.

I found the packaging (a small piece of cardboard) stuffed inside a book. I must have been using it as a bookmark.
Speaking of bookmarks, at every bookstore they have them for sale at the register. WHY? Why on earth would someone BUY a bookmark? You can just use any scrap of paper. Why spend $3 on one with a picture of Garfield on it and a yarn tassel?

The back of the package tells us little (except that I once ate "buffered lactic acid") but a closer inspection of the FRONT is much more interesting:

With each BITE comes great power and great responsibility?
Talk about beating a catchphrase to death! Plus who wants to get responsibility from a candy? I am glad I don't have the "web shot" any more. I am not sure if I would be able to make that commitment to a candy again.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, buffered lactic acid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/07/2005

    I can't believe you didn't mention this was distributed by Au'some Candies.

    Do you think there are people out there whose sole job is to devise the perfect artificial coloring for foods? I bet they'd be called Colorologists. I want that job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/07/2005

    Only I am brave enough to take on this great power and responsibilty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/07/2005

    I hope you laughed at my name, because I don't have a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't notice Au'some! Very cool name for a company. In fact, I wish I had chosen that instead of bunchojunk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who was the marketing genius that sold a candy that promised more responsibility? After little Johnny poisons himself with buffered lactic acid, let's trick him into mowing the lawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, Peter Porker, The Amazing Spider-Ham, but your name was the title of an actual Marvel Comic book back in the mid-80's. And it didn't make me laugh back then when I was only 11. But don't feel bad, I don't have a joke either.

    ReplyDelete