Tuesday, August 04, 2009

My Disney Cruise: Day 2

This is the report of my second day on the Disney Wonder.

If you haven't read part one... good for you! Close your browser and go outside and enjoy the world.

If not... courage!

DAY 2:
This was the first full day on the ship.
On this day they docked at Nassau in the Bahamas.

Here is the view of Nassau from the ship:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Isn't it beautiful??
I had signed up for a tour of Nassau that included a stop at Ardastra Gardens (which is a small zoo.)



One of the first things I saw from the tour bus was this billboard:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Oh, Nassau, you classy vacation destination!

The tour took us around all of the finest spots in Nassau.

We saw this statue of Christopher Columbus:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Then this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Nassau!

I wrote a poem about Nassau:

Nassau: The Poem

By Guy Hutchinson

I went to Nassau on a hot day
It was a filthy ghetto
San Dimas High School Football Rules!

End of poem.

Seriously. The TOUR of Nassau took me to burned out buildings and crack houses

Anyway, eventually I ended up at the zoo.
It was a very small zoo. I liked it. It was very quaint and you could walk among the flamingos:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The flamingos also do a show in a small area there. Nothing spectacular, but tons of fun. I was a volunteer for the show and that meant that I got to stand in the middle of the area with a half dozen other guests as flamingos pecked at my clothes and leaned on me. It was awesome.

They also had other birds, goats, meerkats and other animals.

Back on the ship I watched Lilo & Stitch poolside (which is an awesome way to see a movie)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The characters were in formal wear on this day.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The characters had several different outfits throughout the cruise (beachwear, formal wear, sailor outfits, Pirate outfits, etc.)
The show on this day was Toy Story : The Musical. It was a lavish show that ran about 70 minutes. The music was great and the performances were superb.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


After dinner I got to get my picture taken with Captain Gus.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
If you are wondering what happens when he is not at the helm he said "There are many other captains on the ship. Captain Mickey, Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain hook..."

Day 3 coming soon...


Still haven't gotten to Day 3...

In the meantime... here is some other Disney nonsense:

Micehat talks Lance Bass

The post that was too EXTREME for Micechat.

2 comments:

  1. Protect ya tings, people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Candy Santa Esq8/04/2009

    Captain Gus rocks! He was a field goal kicking mule, right?

    ReplyDelete