Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Girls Die

I collect lots of nostalgic things which usually means having to deal with used stuff... often used by kids 30 years ago.

The other night I was flipping through a Cabbage Patch Kids book I found at a book sale at the library.

As I flipped through the book I noticed some child had taken a purple marker and scribbled over the faces of most of the adults in the book.

Seemed odd and a bit angry, but kids are kids.

Then on the final page one of the girl Cabbage Patch Kids got adopted. She put her arm around he best friend. The artist/vandal had added a single purple tear to her eye and the phrase "Girls Die."
Yeah. I assume some boy was either mad at his sister or maybe an aunt that bought him a sissy Cabbage Patch Kids book for Christmas.

Guy Hutchinson
Guy Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment