Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Celebrities going over Niagara Falls in a Barrel

A few years ago I went to Niagara Falls in Canada. It was a fun trip, but on the final day I was still a bit disappointed.

Sure, the weekend had been lots of fun. I had done some cool things, but I didn't see anyone go over the falls in a barrel.

Not wanting to research, I just assumed dudes were going over the falls in a barrel all the time. I thought so many barrels were popping down that you expected Donkey Kong to be standing at the top of the Falls.

Nope, that was not the case.

Luckily, at a tourist attraction, I found something that would change my life forever. Or at least help me fill up a few paragraphs of silliness.

A small booth was set up with a plastic barrel that you could be photographed in as you pretended to go over the Falls.

Even more exciting was a wall of photos of people who posed in the barrel.

The lady who worked the booth was quick to point out Tom Arnold:

Look at that! It's Tom Arnold! Star of... uh... I think he did a movie with Stallone called Eraser.

He also starred in one of the greatest films I have ever seen: The Stupids.

His co-star in The Stupids was Jessica Lundy, star of... uh... The Stupids.

It is Jessica Lundy that Tom Arnold is molesting in the photo.

If all I had seen on the wall at this booth was Tom Arnold going over Niagara Falls in a barrel as he groped Jessica Lundy I would have left very happy.

But, there was more.

Here is John Ritter:

Awesome. Even more impressive was the photo indicates that the fake barrel photo industry has been around for many years, and (other than a new logo on the barrel) they don't change much.

I asked if there were anymore celebrities. She said "no."

Then she said "except for this guy" and pointed to this photo:


Who is that? Well, that is a guy who impersonates John Travolta.

You know, I think that might be even cooler than the other two.

I own a picture of a picture of a guy who looks like another guy in a barrel pretending to be in a different barrel going down Niagara Falls.

I walked away then as the lady cursed me for not paying $7 to get my own photo taken. I didn't need to I had something much better.

This:



Written by Guy Hutchinson

Guy Hutchinson
Guy Hutchinson

5 comments:

  1. Here is a random photo I found on the computer internet thing:
    http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=niagara+falls+barrel+fake&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dniagara%2Bfalls%2Bbarrel%2Bfake%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26rlz%3D1T4SUNA_enUS292US293%26um%3D1&imgurl=3de8ab078b3f506a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Tom Arnold isn't groping Jessica Lundy. She's groping herself. Or Tom has four arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/06/2014

    Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board annd I find It rezlly useful &
    it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back andd aid others like you
    aided me.

    Feel free to visit my site:slut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/25/2023

    Where is located this barrel??

    ReplyDelete